Tier 2 Technician
Tier 2 Technician
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled
Location: Riverside, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: (CFO)
The successful candidate will join our Support Team as Tier 2 Technician. Netgain Networks’ Tier 2 Technicians are engaged in network and server support and troubleshooting. Candidate will perform maintenance, software installations, troubleshooting Internet connectivity, backup, office application, email and other network-wide and desktop-level issues. He/She will ensure end-user workstations and network performance meets company and user requirements. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Candidate will be responsible for on-site service and support needs for our customers when not performing remote support.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization.
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instructions for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Efficiently executes maintenance and support procedures, anticipating the needs of clients and communicating clearly with all interested parties using email, ticket tracking systems, telephone, and in-person correspondence
- Documents all relevant infrastructure adjustments, augmentation, and deployment within the Netgain Networks database, and helps to maintain the accuracy of the help desk database
- Participates in creation and maintenance of IT standards and procedures.
- Degree in related field and/or 3-4 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1-2 years technical support experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Microsoft Certifications, A+, CCNA, BA or BS.
- VMWare Certifications.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To apply submit your resume with cover letter, references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.